Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ga-Ram Han // Mid-Review Board & Feedback


FEEDBACK

Len Mayer: Alter pitch slightly to give a convincing story. Idea and design concept must be clear and understood.

Patty Beirne:
Perhaps going in a digital/electronic route? Do I have a fool proof system? Explain user scenario in the beginning.

Jae Shin: Look at existing pill dispensers (round design) User scenario can be inside dispenser, like another world, to explain how it functions.

Philip Bodem: Interesting universal adapter design, look into tools that use different size bits, but contain them in a single unit, learn from how they plan around limited size and functionality.

Cho: Make clear why I am doing this project, why it is important, and what am I trying to change?

Sean Clarkin (ex, partner): What kind of feedback am I getting from critics, learn from what they are saying. Going a digital route might be very interesting, but make argument clear as to why I may want to stick to a analog dispense mechanism.

Mary Howard:
Look into different ways of endorsements and sponsorships, talk to people who might know other people. Make validation through marketing techniques, contact many different pharmacies.

Carlos Teixeria: How are people going to be convinced that this is a reliable product? By solving a problem, am I creating more? What about the people who need medication in an instance, if device jams, who's to blame? Look into engineering aspects and consider materials, again, that will answer the question of reliability. Perhaps I could go a digital route, maybe battery operated that can be charged at a station. Consider labeling systems, and privacy issues, product name needs to inform people of what product does. Reconsider variables to narrow down design criteria, controlling dosage might become problematic if it cannot be unchanged. Address the drug type used in this device, and look into demographics of where this issue is frequent. Can it perhaps be part of a larger system that you have in your home, what variables can you not give up, etc.

2 comments:

sl said...

Hi Ga-Ram,
Great board, interesting comments. I disagree with the people who criticize you because the dispenser is not electronic, or because it doesn't work for every kind of medication or every possible use scenario. I think your idea of making it a wind-up device based on clock works is smart. I want to see how the mechanism works, though, and you have been quite vague about that. You probably should make some drawings that show the the device in an exploded or cutaway view. I don't think you should try to build a functional prototype, because it will be too time-consuming, and might not work well. You can do an appearance model, and then explain the mechanism with drawings. Let me know how I can help.
steven

Ga-Ram Han said...

Thanks Steven,

But after our conversation on Monday, as well as other faculty members, I have indeed decided to go to a digital route. In the coming weeks, I would love to share my progress with you.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Ga-Ram